Sunday, August 19, 2012

How I Beat Jet lag, and My Tour Around Bangkok

As many of you already know I am already at my new school but I'll just do a quick review of my tiring flight and awesome tour around Bangkok. To give some back round knowledge about my flight the morning of my flight I woke up at 8am. The first flight was just around eleven hours and including traveling time I arrived in Osaka, Japan at 11pm San Fran time. I was exhausted but I didn't want to sleep on the next flight because I felt that I would get to Bangkok at 11 and not be tired at all having just sleep for five hours. So, in order to combat that possibility I drank two cups of espresso, right as I landed. I realized that was a stupid idea because I had a two hour layover. The coffee hit me as I was reading my book and I couldn't concentrate at all. It lasted until about two hours into the flight but then I crashed in the middle of Braveheart. Fortunately I was watching such an epic movie or I might have passed out right on the spot. Anyhow I made it all the way to Bangkok at just around 8am Pacific time, 24 hours after I had left. I made it into Michael's condo just in time to pass out of his spare bed. I woke up at seven, and never had any troubles with jet lag at all. I seriously considering writing a book about my expertise in the area of not having jet lag. Anyhow, Bangkok was extremely crowded, and if it weren't for the excellent tour around the nicer areas with Lucky, and the tourist bike ride with Michael, I don't think I would have liked it very much. However, thanks to those two very gracious people, I had an great time in Thailand's Capital city. Lucky took me on a tour of Bangkok's old town area including The Grand Palace which was the former housing of the king and queen. The Grand Palace was huge and really impressive, I can't believe that two people and their servants/workers lived in 2,351,000 sq ft area. Now it is a museum and tourist attraction. The next day Michael and I went on a bike ride with a group of people across the river and into the small towns. It was amazing to see there immaculate and intricate temples built in the middle of a tiny town with small wood houses and tin roofs. Monks were walking all around dressed in their various robes in was really cool. I have to say I'm getting a little addicted to Thai food and this amazing chili powder they have here. Anyways that's a recap of my flight and my Bangkok portion of the trip, I'll try to get a post in about school as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment